BOTOX / FILLERS / DYSPORT
Helps add volume to different areas of the face without surgery while also temporarily restoring the volume loss beneath the surface. Consult for pricing.
A combination of factors can cause facial lines. It’s not just about the cellular changes that may occur, or reduction of collagen, or damage caused by free radicals from the sun and the environment.
Repeated muscle contractions from frowning, squinting, or raising eyebrows cause skin to furrow and fold, gradually resulting in the formation of facial lines. Botox is a quick 10-minute treatment that works beneath the surface and temporarily reduces the underlying muscle activity that causes moderate to severe frown lines, crow’s feet and forehead lines in adults – to help them look better.
There’s only one FDA-approved Dysport. It’s important to find a primary care physician, dermatologist, cosmetic aesthetician, plastic surgeon or other healthcare professional who is trained and licensed to administer Dysport.
Don’t let your frown lines between your eyebrows define you. For adults who want a natural look, Dysport is a natural-looking, fast-acting, long-lasting prescription injection proven to help smooth moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows—without changing the look thelook or movement of the rest of your face
Botox & Dysport ... What Are They & What Are The Differences ??
The popularity of Botox has increased tremendously over the years. When most people speak about procedures that may enhance someone’s physical appearance, usually the word Botox is brought up. The Mayo Clinic describes why people use Botox and what the most common procedures are.
Why It’s Done
Botox/Dysport injections block certain chemical signals from nerves, mostly signals that cause muscles to contract. The most common use of these injections is to temporarily relax the facial muscles that cause wrinkles in the forehead and around the eyes. Botox injections are also used to treat conditions that affect how the body functions. Examples include:
- Cervical Dystonia. In this painful condition, your neck muscles contract involuntarily causing your head to twist or turn into an uncomfortable position.
- Lazy Eye. The most common cause of lazy eye is an imbalance in the muscles responsible for positioning the eye.
- Muscle Contractures. Some neurological conditions, such as cerebral palsy, can cause your limbs to pull in toward your center. In some cases, these contracted muscles can be relaxed with Botox injections.
- Hyperhidrosis. In this condition, excessive sweating occurs even when the temperature isn’t hot and you’re not exerting yourself.
- Chronic Migraine. If you experience migraines more than 15 days a month, Botox injections may help reduce headache frequency.
- Bladder Dysfunction. Botox injections can also help reduce urinary incontinence caused by an overactive bladder.
- Eye Twitching. Botox injections may help relieve contracture or twitching of muscles around the eye.
Both Dysport and Botox use the same ingredient: Botulinum.
This type A neuromodulator relaxes your muscles by blocking the nerve cells that signal them to contract and, over time, create wrinkles and fine lines. While Dysport and Botox come in different unit sizes and are distilled differently, their desired result is the same.
Botox vs. Dysport
- Dysport may bring faster results
- Dysport injections encompass a wider area
- Botox has been around longer
- Doctor’s may have more experience using Botox
What You Can Expect
The Mayo Clinic has provided important steps to take before and after your procedure
Before the Procedure
Most people don’t feel much discomfort during the procedure. But you may want your skin numbed beforehand, especially if your palms or soles are being treated for excessive sweating. Your doctor might use one or more of various methods available to numb the area, such as topical anesthesia, ice and vibration anesthesia, which uses massage to reduce discomfort.
During the Procedure
Botox injections are usually performed in a doctor’s office. Your doctor uses a thin needle to inject tiny amounts of botulinum toxin into your skin or muscles. The number of injections needed depends on many factors, including the extent of the area being treated. Botox injections are usually done in a doctor’s office.
After the Procedure
Do not rub or massage the treated areas for 24 hours. This may help prevent the toxin from spreading to a different area. You can return to your normal activities right after the procedure.
How to be Prepared
Botox/Dysport may only be used under Doctor’s care. Tell your doctor if you’ve previously had Botox/Dysport injections. Also tell your doctor if you take muscle relaxants, sleeping aids, blood thinners, or allergy medications.
What to Expect
Dysport begins to work as soon as 2-4 days after injection, and has its full effect in about 1 week. In comparison, Botox typically takes up to 2 weeks for full effect.